Warren County Public Works Department is operated by a Public Works Director and a staff of four.
The Solid Waste Management Plan covers Warren County and the municipalities of Warrenton, Norlina and Macon. The majority of Warren County’s residents live in unincorporated predominately rural areas.
Warren County’s long-range vision is to provide disposal capacity, waste collection services, and a waste reduction program to all members of the County at an equitable price. The elimination of improper disposal of waste and expanded waste reduction opportunities are included in the vision. To achieve this vision, the following long-range goals are listed:
- To manage all aspects of solid waste disposal in a manner that will protect the public’s health and maintain a clean and attractive environment.
- To provide everyone in the County with waste disposal capacity and waste reduction opportunities.
- To increase the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the waste disposal program.
- To decrease improper waste disposal and promote recycling.
The Majority of the Public Works Services are Contract Driven (Services – Contractor/Company)
- Waste Disposal – Waste Industries
- Waste Collection at Convenience Centers – Waste Industries
- Scrap Tire Disposal – Central Carolina Tire
- Closed MSW Gas and Ground Water Monitoring – Smith & Gardner Engineering, Inc.
- Electronics Recycling – METech Recycling