- How Do I...
- Rent Agriculture Equipment
Rent Agriculture Equipment
HAY MOISTURE TESTER
The AgraTronix HT-PRO portable hay moisture tester is available for use from the Warren County Cooperative Extension. This tool is used for determining the moisture content of baled forages and was donated by the NC Forage and Grasslands Council for use in Warren and surrounding counties. For more information or to rent the Hay Moisture Tester, please call 252-257-3640.
PROCEDURES FOR RENTAL/USE OF GREAT PLAINS 706NT NO-TILL DRILL
The Warren County office of NC Cooperative Extension is pleased to offer the use of a Great Plains 706NT No-till Drill. The equipment is available for rent ($75 per lease period for first 10 acres, then $15 per acre) on a first-come, first-served basis to residents of Warren County for use in Warren County.
The maximum rental period is two days. Each farm or customer may rent the equipment for a maximum of five times each year, with a maximum of two times in a thirty day period. Rental periods must be non-consecutive. The minimum age to lease/use the equipment is 21.
It is the responsibility of the lessee to learn proper usage of the equipment, but Field Crop Extension Agent is available for guidance and to answer questions.
● Fill out the Rental Request Form and submit to NC Cooperative Extension, Warren County Center via email, mail or in-person (158 Rafters Lane, Warrenton). The request must be made at least 7 days in advance, but no more than 30 days in advance. The customer will be notified within two business days.
● Government-issued picture ID may be required at the time of application to verify age and residency.
● Signed contract and payment is due 7 days in advance of the requested rental date.
● We will do our best to honor reservations, but they are subject to change/cancellation due to staff availability, equipment malfunction, scheduling errors, and other unforeseen circumstances.
● The equipment will be picked up by the lessee, and equipment transportation must be provided by the lessee. Pickup is not available on weekends and official Warren County Government holidays and may be limited by staff schedules.
● Pickup times must be arranged in advance to confirm that staff is available to assist with loading/ unloading.
● Customer acknowledges that they have been provided a complete copy of the owner’s manual, and accepts responsibility for following all prescribed procedures and safety precautions.
● The equipment is available only for uses related to the production of agricultural crops.
No-Till Drill Procedures and Form
PROCEDURES FOR RENTAL/USE OF BCS TWO-WHEEL TRACTOR
The Warren County office of NC Cooperative Extension is pleased to offer the use of a BCS walk-behind tractor plus various attachments. The equipment is available for rent ($20 per day) on a first come, first served basis to residents of Warren County for use in Warren County. The maximum rental period is three days. Each farm or customer may rent the equipment for a maximum of five times each year, with a maximum of two times in a thirty day period. Rental periods must be non-consecutive. Minimum age to lease/use the equipment is 21. Cooperative Extension will provide periodic demonstration workshops on the use of the equipment. Renters must attend said workshop prior to taking possession of the equipment. Contact NC Cooperative Extension at 252-257-3640 for upcoming demonstration workshop dates.
BCS Tractor Procedures and Form
Warren County Center is pleased to offer soil sampling probes for use to residents of the county. The lease period for the probes is a two (2) day window. NCDA soil sample boxes can also be obtained here through the Center as well. For more information or to reserve the soil probe, call (252) 257-3640.
The Warren County Center has the HayProbe forage sampling tool available for use. The HayProbe is free to use and has a lease period of two (2) days. This is a great way to collect samples of hay and forages for nutritive analysis test. For more information or to reserve the HayProbe, please call (252) 257-3640.